Equipping Minds, Nurturing Hearts, to Transform the World for Jesus Christ

September 7, 2014

Love Does



This year’s school theme is ‘Love Does’.  This theme stems from the Bible story when Jesus washes the feet of His disciples.  Yes, our King washing his people’s feet! 

Jesus planned to show His friends
How much He loved each one of them.
To show His love-that was His goal. 
So He poured water into a bowl.

Jesus knelt by each man’s seat.
And began to wash their feet.
With a towel He rubbed them dry.
Then Peter asked Jesus why.

“Are You washing my feet too?” 
He knew that’s not what kings do.
Jesus asked, “Now do you see the reason why I wash your feet?

This example is for you;
So do for others what I’ve done for you.



This story was shared during Bible time this week with your child. We also took time and reflected on this story as we washed each other’s feet.  Jesus is the great example of love in this story.  Love is more than a feeling, but it is an ACTION! Love does things for one another.  We brainstormed many ways in which Jesus shows His love to us each day.  We concluded that we want others to see Jesus’ love in us too.  We want to show Christ like love to others through our actions. After this lesson, I gave each child a post-it note and had them write one way they could ‘do’ love for someone else.  What heart-felt ideas these second graders came up with. 
-Take the dishes out of the dishwasher
-Read to my little brother
-Say encouraging words to someone feeling bad
-When I see someone on the playground that doesn’t have a friend I will ask if they want to play with me.
-Clean my room without complaining
-Give my snack to a friend who doesn't have one.
-Walk my dog.

The list goes on and on and will continue throughout this school year!   

Love Does!

No comments:

Post a Comment